We’ve read and heard about heroes in school, so we have always been aware of these selfless people and animals since we were small. Little did we know that these heroes don’t only live in our books or documentaries, they can also be everyday people like you and me.
There are no small or big gestures to be considered a hero. The most important part is that you did the act whole-heartedly. Here are 21 everyday heroes that make our world a better place to live in.
1. A firefighter in Oregon after a 32-hour shift. The photographer says that the man sat down and within seconds was asleep.
2. A helping paw: This dog helps this man get to work by pushing his wheelchair.
3. Corporal P. Ray saved a two-year-old girl from suffocation and came to her tea party.
4. “Every year, this kind old man in my home town offers clothing, shoes, and anything useful to people in need.”
5. This officer saved a five-year-old girl from a burning building in 1998 and 18 years later attended her graduation.
6. This is Jonathan Smith. He saved 30 people from the Vegas shooting last night before he was shot in the shoulder.
7. “He saved me from an abusive ex a few years back, I tell him he is a good boy every day.”
8. The statue of a young man who lost his life saving another.
The cousin wrote:
“Statue of my cousin who drowned while successfully saving another person in Newport Beach. This is the photo his dad sent my dad after the unveiling.”
9. Proof that heroes come in all sizes!
“This little kid named Guy saves up his allowance to buy much-needed supplies for my local Humane Society. Here he is with the manager and his latest donation. He recently helped fund a life-saving surgery for one of their rescued dogs.”
10. This woman saved a child from her abductor.
This flight attendant noticed a strange pair of passengers: an adult man and a little girl. Because she listened to her instincts, she ended up saving the child from being abducted.
11. “My dad and my little brother saving dogs from the rising flood waters.”
12. “This man took a bullet while protecting my sister from the gunfire in Vegas.”
13. Cameron Lyle gave up his career to donate his bone marrow to save someone’s life.
14. Even though this cardiologist was on the beach and didn’t have any equipment he still managed to save a child’s life.
15. This young girl has a heart of gold.
Nine-year-old Hailey Ford makes shelters for homeless people. Recently, she started growing vegetables and fruit which she gives to the needy.
16. This brave 14-year-old student Katya Ovcharova saved six children in a fire.
17. Jacinto Convit invented a vaccine for leprosy. At the age of 100, he was still working and looking for a cure for cancer.
18. Sharing is caring.
“My son said there’s some kids in his class that don’t eat their lunch. ‘How come?’ I said. ‘Cuz they don’t have one, mommy. Can I bring them some of mine?’ Totally his idea, and he helped pack it, too!”
19. Homeless man James John McGeown stood in the rain for hours to guard a handbag left in an open car and then contacted the police.
20. This dog was wounded four times but still managed to save people in a building in Afganistan. It survived but lost a paw.
21. Mark Buston has been giving haircuts to homeless people every Sunday for the past five years.
What Do You Think?
Woman Bus Driver Lets Homeless Man Stay on Bus All Night, Then Treats Him to a Free Meal
Sometimes, a simple act of kindness can mean the whole world to another person.
One cold night in Wisconsin, Milwaukee County Transit System and one of its bus drivers have been instrumental in extending an act of kindness to a homeless man. Unlike most compassionate act, this one did not go unnoticed. In fact, it was all caught on camera.
Natalie Barnes, a female bus driver, was driving her usual route when a man, identified only as Richard, got on her bus and told her that he had just lost his home. Natalie had replied, "Well, I'm on this bus 'til 2:44. You want to stay with me then?"
Stranger Holding A Mom’s Baby While She Does Paperwork Melts Everyone’s Heart
It only takes a simple act of kindness from a stranger to restoring your faith in humanity.
The internet has undoubtedly changed the world we live in, and it can often be a rather grim place, especially when it comes to stealing someone’s privacy or making a person the object of public shaming. However, there are some images that appear on the World Wide Web that melt our hearts and go viral for all the right reasons.
A picture showing a simple act of kindness has touched more than a million hearts around the world. Natasha Wilson of Florence, Alabama, captured a special moment that shows a stranger holding a woman’s baby so that she can get her paperwork done at a doctor’s office.
Thrifty Bride Makes Her Own Wedding Gown Out Of Paper
Who needs an expensive bridal dress when you can make one out of paper?
Planning a wedding can be very stressful and expensive. However, one clever bride managed to make her wedding day truly special without breaking the bank. She actually created her own wedding gown made out of paper!
Maricel Capinig Abaño is a stay-at-home mom in Quezon City, Philippines. She recently tied the knot with Ronald Lucena Mata during a mass wedding ceremony where several couples were also married. However, Maricel managed to stand out because of her eye-catching wedding gown made of paper. Interestingly, it only took her three days to finish the dress.
Who needs an expensive wedding gown when you can make one out of paper?